On this show...it’s all in the eye of the beholder. From your line of vision, are you on the ground staring at what can only be described as an unsurmountable mess of chaos, stress, and todos OR are you feeling the fresh air of victory as you look down and survey all you’ve accomplished and what might be your next move? Transportation from one visual to the next is within your power and your perspective. You might have heard it before “the day starts and ends with you”. This mantra isn’t announcing your logistical whereabouts but instead describing your power over perception. The start and particularly your positive or negative acceptance are up to you. And at the end of the day, it’s YOU who describes the sentiment of the day. Was it a good day or a bad day….only you know. You have the power to move mountains with what you expect, what you project, and what you accept.
I have been talking about Encouragementology - the practice of instilling hope, for over 5 years. It started with the revelation of encouragement and how that affects all creatures. Investing one’s time, empathy, and positive energy can have a profound impact on the universe. Encouragement shouldn’t be watered down to a “go gettum” mantra or a slogan like “just do it”. It’s important to understand what appropriate encouragement looks like and the power one produces when delivering authentic encouragement.
I produced a couple of talks recently and it dawned on me; an overarching theme for everything I’ve ever talked about is Power & Perspective. I’m on a mission to help people understand the power they possess to rule over their lives. The golden combination includes one’s perspective. With just a slight shift in perspective, your mental location can go from base camp to scaling the summit. And back….and back again.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS -Moving Mountains, Power & Perspective
- You have the power to move mountains with what you expect, what you project, and what you accept.
- Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can change your brain.
- A positive view of yourself will bias you toward seeing the good in others, whereas a negative self-image will include you toward suspicion and doubt.
- It doesn’t have to be a premeditated act of kindness to be encouraging.
- The sheer fact that you have a choice is another way to demonstrate your power.
- since life’s events aren’t imbued with universal meaning, you get to choose how you feel about things. You are in control of your life’s narrative!
- your energy is not dictated by the randomness of life’s happening
- When you understand that life’s events don’t carry universal meaning, your enthusiasm and energy are not held captive by the randomness of life’s events.
- Investing time in another human being can pay the most rewarding dividends.
- You have resources around you, a mouth to ask for help, a mind that can deliver patience, and the ability to soothe your stress. You are not powerless.
CHALLENGE: Recognize your power to choose perception, affect change, ignite positivity, and spread encouragement. Going from base camp to summit is all within your reach.
I Know YOU Can Do It!