Tuesday Nov 09, 2021
Keep the Power, Drop the Struggle
Tuesday Nov 09, 2021
Tuesday Nov 09, 2021
On this show… we are letting go of the rope, lowering our voices, and raising our chins because we’re determined to keep the power and drop the struggle. What are we fighting for anyway? Have you ever stopped to ask yourself that? What are you holding on to so fiercely that you can’t even fathom that there might be another side, a different perspective, or a better answer? We aren’t talking about life’s ups and downs that can cause the endless rollercoaster of adulting. We are talking about the struggles that we create. Let’s explore them from all angles to see if we can find some wiggle room. Here, we will need to climb up high for a different vantage point because on the ground slugging it out, we only see what’s right in front of us or what we want to see.
I sometimes think, what’s all the fuss about? Standing back and taking it all in, it seems like everyone is mad about something. Tension is high all around us. I’ve heard, “if you don’t stand for something, you stand for nothing.” Bold statements like that have me thinking...oh no, what do I stand for?? I mean, I don’t want to stand for, nothing! Quick….what do I stand for?
Well, guess what, I have a lot of thoughts, opinions, and ideas. What I don’t have is the need to share them all the time with everyone. And even though I have the gift of gab, I don’t feel compelled to be to loudest one in the room or the last one talking.
Now, maybe that’s just me and you might feel otherwise. Maybe you have a passion burning within you and a push to get everyone to see it, believe it, and buy into it. But even though we aren’t on the same page or see everything eye-to-eye, does that make one of us wrong? What if we were both right even though we approach life totally differently. Is there room in your world for me to be right too? Does my being right, necessarily make you wrong?
Perceptions are in the eye of the beholder as are points of view. It’s what’s make us uniquely different. It also helps push us to learn, flex, adapt, and grow.
Eric S Burdon shares his perspective in: Why A Difference In Perspective Can Help You Understand Yourself he wrote for medium and found at ericburdon.com
Mel Schwartz L.C.S.W.. helps us with: A Shift of Mind
Why Is It So Important to Be Right? Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy? Found at psycologytoday.com
Here are 6 more ideas on How to stop needing to be right all the time from Dr. Roger Landry found at mindbodygreen.com
Amy Morin has found: 10 Things Mentally Strong People Give Up to Gain Inner Peace Letting go of certain things can open the door to true contentment in life available at inc.com
Tony Fahkry backs me up by saying: If You Want To Change The World, Start With Yourself First found at medium.com
KEY HIGHLIGHTS - Keep the Power, Drop the Struggle
- Perceptions are in the eye of the beholder as are points of view. It’s what’s make us uniquely different. It also helps push us to learn, flex, adapt, and grow.
- Perspective-taking is seeing things from various viewpoints. Perspective-seeking is basically looking at things objectively rather than picking a side.
- When we have a broad mind and attempt to understand both sides of the coin, we grow.
- There will always be two sides to every story. So take both in and try to understand objectively.
- One of the most prevalent—and damaging—themes in our culture is the need to be right.
- Being quick to defend or preach a different point of view means you aren’t making space for opposing opinions.
- Acknowledgment and acceptance of a differing worldview is a powerful act of understanding, self-confidence, and compassion.
- You are a unique miracle of existence. You will make mistakes and succeed, help and hurt others, be right and be wrong. But you are still OK
- Mentally strong people make self-improvement a priority, because they know there's always room for improvement.
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
CHALLENGE: to drop the rope, listen with an ear for understanding, walk away when negativity threatens your inner peace. Pull out of the power struggle and let go of the need to be right. Change starts with you!
I Know YOU Can Do It!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.