You can search the internet and find a gazillion top ten lists instructing you on how to achieve optimal Mind, Body & Spirit. Everything from traveling the world and adopting the spirit-filled practices of other cultures to setting a 5-minute timer on your phone for a mid-day meditation break.
I may have nothing new. My advice is simply, my advice and may or may not rise to the top of the list. But in everything, we do we should strive for a healthy balance. Everything in moderation, even moderation wise advice for an outstanding woman who has achieved a great amount of balance in her lifetime.
Creating a balance doesn’t mean starting over every time you find a new passion but instead, a continual enrichment of your life. Start by looking at the world around you and how you respond to it.
Enrich your outer world: Create a joyful and brain-stimulating environment
- Be aware of where you are - the people you associate with, your community, and areas of need.
- Surround yourself with people who are genuinely happy to be with you - power comes from joyful interactions. When you can, widen your circle and accept others to add flavor and diversity.
- Get involved. Find ways that you can be a part of the world around you.
Enrich your inner world: Feed your mind and soul with nourishing thoughts
- Make time to think, wonder, pray, and meditate - recall joyful memories and add detail to create your “happy place.”
- Expand your mind: Read, be curious and learn, journal ideas, challenge your mind with new thoughts.
- Explore this big ol’world around you. Have a new experience, create a new story, share your findings with others.
Enrich your Health: Be mindful of what you put in your mouth and how you push your body
- Listen to your body: when you are tired; sleep, when you are overwhelmed; relax, when you are hungry; eat, when you are lonely; reach out
- Be aware and honest about wants vs needs.
- Move - intentionally and consistently.
CHALLENGE: So I challenge you to explore all the ways to enrich your life, you deserve the time and attention. Then, make a healthy investment daily that creates balance and an enjoyable payoff.
I know YOU can do it!
Musical Feature: Sundae + Mr. Goessl http://sundaeandmrgoessl.com/